Its was not long since I started this blog; almost a year since I started blogging and the journey has been amazing so far. To be exact it was on the 29th of December 2014, a beautiful day for a very many great things took place on this day.
- The movie “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” was at the top of the box office on this date.
- American actress Jennifer Lawrence is listed as FHM’s sexiest woman in 2014.
- Health care workers fighting against the spread of Ebola are featured as the Time Person of the Year 2014.
- Barack Obama was the President of the United States on the 29th of December, 2014.
- Broke Bloke Blogs was launched.
There are a lot of things that have changed since I launched my blog, Themes, Content Style, Traffic and growth and the most important Revenue.
Blogging feels like a job if you don’t make money, it becomes monotonous and tiring. But when you start seeing revenue things are awesome.
Blog Income 2015
I did not make a great deal. I had set my goal to make $1000 monthly from blogging. I mentioned this in my 2015 Q1 Progress Report. I made just 10% of my set goals, that is just $100 per month. Even though its not much I’m happy to say that my blog made money. Based on the year’s performance I will be making some major changes to my 2016 Blog Plans which I will share with you in another blog post as the new year unfolds.
My Top Earners
- Thrive Themes (aff link) – Read my review of Thrive Leads and Thrive Themes
- Article Writing (for other bloggers)
- RankXL (aff link) – Read my review of the course.
- Social Warfare Plugin (aff link) – Read my success story and case study with the Plugin
Web Mentions In 2015
In spite of being a brand new blog, Broke Bloke Blogs (Eddie) was interviewed several times during the year and was considered to be one of the twitter account to follow for 2015. I had a great time doing these interview and hope that the readers got some benefit out of my suggestions and recommendations.
- Broke Bloke Blogs was named as one of the “Top Twitter People To Follow” on March 06.
- Expert Opinion shared on “Blogging and Marketing Tips by Experts” by First Site Guide on March 9th.
- Interviewed for “25 Influencers Share Their Top Tips to Succeed on Triberr” by Blogging Spell on April 17th.
- Interviewed for “13 Top Experts Reveal Their Most Successful List Building Strategy” by Blog Launch Insider on April 24th.
- Interviewed for “7 Sharp Shooting Professionals Reveal Their WordPress Hosting Secrets” by Byte Of Data on June 8th.
- Interviewed for “42 Experts Reveal The Internet Marketing Tools They Use For Success” by MatthewWoodward.co.uk on June 22nd.
- Interviewed for “8 Industry Experts Share Their Top Ways to Get Real Attention Online” by rohanchaubey.com on August 30th.
- Interviewed for “117 Tips On How To Set Goals From Successful Entrepreneurs” by Tor Refsland on September 9th.
Guest Submissions In 2015
While many guest blog to build backlinks I guest blog to get the attention that the host blog offers. As a brand new blog, it was important that I guest blogged so that various people in the industry get to know who I am and what I offer as a digital marketer.
Here are some of the top sites I submitted my articles.
- SEMRush:- “SEO Growth Hacks for Startups“
- GetResponse:- “20 Action Items for a Successful Email Marketing Campaign“
- Right Mix Marketing:- 9 Mobile Lead Generation Strategies for Startups“
- Mad Mimi:- “Email Marketing Segmentation Done Right“
- Right Mix Marketing:- “Bing’s SEO Ranking Factors ~ The Complete List“
Just because I got some big sites to host my blog it does not mean that I was not rejected. Time and again bloggers did not want to post my articles for various reasons. I am glad that the blogs that accepted my articles worked out for the benefit of both the host and broke bloke blogs. My advice to guest bloggers is to keep going at it and you will get the most out of it.
Blog Framework Changes In 2015
I’ve been switching between themes and various plugins and finally I’ve settled down with StudioPress (aff link) for now and I hope that it adds value to the blog and also my readers.
I’ve tried and some of my other sites are still powered by thrive themes, wpzoom theme and various other ones. My suggestions is that use a blog framework that is best for you and your blog. If you are not satisfied then your blog is going to suffer. Make sure you do what works for the both of you.
As I sit to write another posting planning my new year I would love to hear what you have to say. Share your ideas and plans what do you think I should aim for?